Ending your registration
You may choose to surrender (or cancel) your registration or we may decide to terminate your registration for several reasons.
Surrendering your registration
Some reasons why you may want to surrender your registration could be because you are:
- retiring or selling your practice
- changing your business structure and you want to register a new entity
- becoming an employee of a registered tax practitioner.
For further information refer to Surrendering or cancelling your registration
Terminating your registration
Reasons why we may decide to terminate your registration could be because:
- you no longer meet one of the ongoing registration requirements
- an event affecting your registration has occurred
- you breached a condition of registration
- you breached the Code of Professional Conduct
- your company is registered as a tax practitioner but is no longer registered with ASIC.
For further information refer to Why we may terminate your registration
Last modified: 21 October 2019