Symbol download issues: You may get an error message when you try to download the Registered tax practitioner symbol within MyProfile. We are currently working to resolve this issue and apologise for any inconvenience. If you are affected we will email you when the issue has been resolved.
How to download the symbol
Before you can download the symbol you need to read and agree to the Terms and conditions of use and then request that we create your unique symbol using the Registered tax practitioner symbol request form. To access the request form:
- visit www.tpb.gov.au/myprofile
- enter your Username (your registration number) and Password to sign in
- select SYMBOL from the left hand menu
- follow the instructions to complete and submit the form.
After you have submitted the form, you will receive:
- a system message advising that your unique symbol is being created and how you can access your symbol files
- an email to confirm these files have been created and are available for download.
If you are an authorised representative of an associated registered tax practitioner and you want to download their symbol, you will need to select Sign Out and then repeat steps 1-4 above with the username and password of the associated registered tax practitioner.
Downloading the symbol
The symbol is available in EPS, JPG and PNG file formats.
- select the Registered tax practitioner symbol download files form
- right click on a file type
- select Save target as …
- navigate to the location you want to save the file
- select Save.
- Your unique symbol will be saved to the specified location with a filename commencing with your registration number.
- A message will be displayed advising that the download has been completed.
Using the symbol
You should use:
- the EPS format of the symbol for printed material, printed advertisements, brochures and billboards. You may need the assistance of a publisher or designer to use your symbol in this format.
- JPG and PNG file formats for web use and in Word documents.
Please note: When you display your symbol you must include your registration number and type of registration.
For more information refer to:
- Registered tax practitioner symbol certified trade mark rules
- Microsoft Office – inserting a picture
Last modified: 22 June 2017