Is your tax or BAS agent registered?
If you use an agent to prepare or lodge your tax and/or business activity statements, make sure they are registered with us. Using an unregistered agent puts you and your business at risk!
There are a couple of ways you can check to see if your agent is registered:
- look for the registered agent symbol
- search the register.
The benefits of using a registered agent include:
- peace of mind that your agent is qualified and bound by a Code of Professional Conduct
- knowing you are protected by your agent’s professional indemnity insurance
- extended lodgment dates for returns and statements.
If you find out that your agent is providing tax services without being registered, let us know.
Spread the word
We have a promotional graphic available for you to download and use through your own channels to spread the word on the importance of using a registered tax practitioner.
- Right-click on the image and select Copy
- Open a web browser and paste the link
- Go to File > Save as
Last modified: 12 October 2017