Tell us your views on our education requirements
Are you a new tax or BAS agent who registered with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) in the last six months? If so, we would like to hear your views on the education requirements you were required to meet to register with us through a short survey.
The current education requirements for tax and BAS agents were set about 10 years ago. We are currently reviewing these requirements. Your feedback will help us greatly in this review process.
A bit about the education review
We established the Education Working Group late last year, made up of representatives from the recognised professional associations, other agencies on our consultative forum and the education sector, to review:
- if the primary qualification level has been set at the right level for tax and BAS agents
- the Board approved courses requirements for tax and BAS agents – in particular:
- topic and learning outcomes – do our requirements reflect current course offerings?
- duration of course – our current requirements lean more towards the traditional semester-based study period. Should we broaden our requirements to include the different study periods that exist (for example, trimesters, intensive study courses and online courses)?
- assessments – should we revise the current 40% independent supervision requirement and accept a broader range of assessment types?
- approved course providers – should we expand this category to include other providers – for example, in-house training?
Take our short survey
Help us improve the education requirements for our future tax and BAS agents by taking our short survey. Your feedback will be invaluable in shaping the future of the profession.
We thank you for taking part in this survey!
To learn more about this review, watch a recording of our recent Policy news webinar available on our YouTube channel.
To find out more about our current qualification requirements, visit:
Last modified: 12 July 2021