New Board members join the TPB
Following the announcement on 10 December 2015 by the Minister for Small Business and Assistant Treasurer, The Hon Kelly O’Dwyer MP, today five new members officially commence their appointments with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB), joining reappointed Chair, Mr Ian Taylor, and reappointed members Yvonne Sneddon and Russell Smith.
The new board members are:
- Ms Julie Berry (appointed for 18 months)
- Mr Jim Hawson (appointed for three years)
- Dr Julianne Jaques (appointed for three years)
- Mr Ian Klug (appointed for three years)
- Mr Greg Lewis (appointed for three years).
They will be working with continuing Board members:
- Mr Ian Taylor (reappointed as Chair for three years)
- Mr Russell Smith (reappointed for 18 months)
- Ms Yvonne Sneddon (reappointed for 18 months)
‘I am delighted to welcome our new members to the TPB and also to congratulate Yvonne Sneddon and Russell Smith on their reappointment,’ Mr Taylor said.
‘I would also like to take this opportunity to thank departing Tax Practitioner Board members Matthew Addison, Caroline Clarke, Cynthia Coleman and Roger Cotton for their valued contribution to the outcomes of the TPB over the past three years,’ he said.
‘Today marks the official commencement of the new board and I am looking forward to working with the new board to effectively regulate and assist Australia’s 76,806 registered tax practitioners.’
For media enquiries, please contact communications [at] tpb.gov.au (Communications) or phone 02 6216 2993.
About the Tax Practitioners Board
The Tax Practitioners Board regulates tax practitioners in order to protect consumers. The TPB aims to assure the community that tax practitioners meet appropriate standards of professional and ethical conduct.