Go to top of page

Maintain your registration as a tax (financial) adviser

Maintain your registration as a tax (financial) adviser

You need to comply with the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 to maintain your ongoing registration as a tax (financial) adviser. You must:

  • comply with the Code of Professional Conduct
  • notify us when your registration details or circumstances change
  • maintain professional indemnity insurance that meets our requirements
  • undertake continuing professional education that meets our requirements
  • renew your registration on time.

Additionally, if you registered under the transitional option, you must continue to be an Australian financial services (AFS) licensee or a representative of an AFS licensee at all times.

Further information


Last modified: 29 August 2017