Maintain your registration as a tax (financial) adviser
You need to comply with the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 to maintain your ongoing registration as a tax (financial) adviser. You must:
- comply with the Code of Professional Conduct
- notify us when your registration details or circumstances change
- maintain professional indemnity insurance that meets our requirements
- undertake continuing professional education that meets our requirements
- renew your registration on time.
Additionally, if you registered under the transitional option, you must continue to be an Australian financial services (AFS) licensee or a representative of an AFS licensee at all times.
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Change of tax (financial) adviser details or circumstances
- Professional indemnity insurance for tax (financial) advisers
- Continuing professional education for tax (financial) advisers
- Renewing your tax agent registration.
Last modified: 29 August 2017