How to pay
To pay your application fee you will need your TPB reference number.
Your reference number is:
- provided to you when you start a new application
- included in the letter we send you inviting you to renew your application.
The application fees depend on the type of registration and whether you are applying for a business or non-business registration:
|Registration type||Application fee|
|Tax (financial) adviser||
The application fee will be refundable if you withdraw your application within 30 days after the date you lodge it and before we have made a decision to either grant or refuse the application.
Payment of your application fee can be made by BPAY® or credit card.
You can use BPAY® to make a payment directly from your cheque or savings account using your financial institution’s telephone or internet banking service.
You will need:
- our biller code - 494849
- your TPB reference number. In BPAY®, this is referred to as your customer reference number.
Information about using BPAY® is available on the BPAY® website or by contacting your financial institution.
® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
To pay your application fee online using a credit card you will need to enter your TPB reference number into the EFT code or PRN field of the Government EasyPay website.
By clicking on this link you will leave this website and enter the Government EasyPay website for credit card payments. This is a secure site provided to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
Phone 1300 898 089 to pay your application fee by credit card using the Government EasyPay self help telephone service.
About Government EasyPay
- Credit card payments are collected by the ATO on behalf of the Commonwealth through Government EasyPay.
- You will need a current Visa, MasterCard, or American Express card.
- A credit card payment fee may apply to transactions made using this service. This fee is:
- a percentage of the amount being paid, based on the type of card used
- not subject to goods and services tax (GST), and
- is equal to the fee the ATO incurs from its banker.
- Government EasyPay provides a receipt for both the application fee payment and the card payment fee. The details will be displayed as ATO payment and Card payment fee - ATO on the cardholder's statement.
Last modified: 21 December 2015