Approved course providers
A Board approved course must be undertaken with an approved course provider for it to count towards meeting the education requirements for registration as a:
- tax agent,
- BAS agent, or
- tax (financial) adviser (under the standard option including renewal of registration).
The types of course providers who can provide a Board approved course include:
- registered training organisations
- other registered higher education institutions
- other course providers approved by the Board.
If you are an approved course provider and you are seeking approval of your course as a Board approved course, you should complete and submit one of our course approval request forms below:
For more information on the approval process for course providers who seek to offer Board approved courses, refer to Approval process for course providers TPB(I) 07/2011.
We maintain qualifications lists of courses and units that in part or in full meet the requirements for a particular Board approved course.
View our qualifications lists in:
- Australian taxation law list for tax agents
- Commercial law list for tax agents
- Basic accountancy principles list
- Board approved courses list for BAS agents
- Australian taxation law list for tax (financial) advisers
- Commercial law list for tax (financial) advisers
- Board approved course in the TASA, including the Code
Last modified: 13 September 2016